Top 10 Essential WordPress Plugins.
Plugins are the most important part to run a WordPress website properly. Without installing the plugins , you do not get enough opportunities to do the things right.
So, In this blog post, I will just go over with all the Plugins. You must install to run your WordPress site properply. So lets get started.
Why the Plugins are important ?
Plugins offer all kinds of customization for the site admin. Plugins can save alot of your time however , you can do the things right by installing some of the important Plugins. Choosing the best plugin for your WordPress site will help make your day-to-day life easier and deliver a better experience for your users as well.
Having that said , Lets take a look at the Top WordPress Plugins.
Yoast SEO is one of the most popular and important Plugin available for WordPress.
It comes with the massive range of features in it. Including the OpenGraph Data, XML Sitemaps and also generates an SEO score on your Posts and the Pages.
- Helpful page analysis functionality.
- Basic on page SEO score.
- Import and export settings.
- Various permalink tweaks.
- XML sitemap generator.
- Facebook OpenGraph support.
- RSS settings.
- Edit titles and descriptions in bulk.
- Edit .htaccess and robots.txt files.
This is another great option , It will ensure that your blog / website is backed up.
This Plugin is completely free, It will be so much helpful for you to save your data. It also can be upgraded to the Premium version to get extra support.
- Schedule backups to suite you.
- Easy to use restore function.
- Supports export of WordPress XML files.
- Supports remote backups to the likes of Amazon S3, Google Drive and more.
This is currently my go-to plugin for improving page load times.
W3 Total Cache has a wide range of features and goes beyond just being a simple caching plugin.
I find that it has a reasonable impact out of the box but it’s best not to tweak any of the advanced settings unless you know what you’re doing.
Fully configured, this plugin can have a serious impact on load times.
- Compatible with various hosting environments.
- Browser caching.
- Advanced settings.
- Minification functionality.
- CDN support.
- Database caching.
- Object caching
Currently I am also using this Plugin. It gives so much advantage to save your “style.css”.
- Code editor with syntax highlighting and AJAX saving to avoid reloading the editor at each save.
- Automatically minify your custom CSS and Jasascript code to reduce file size.
The Disable Comments plugin enables administrators to globally control comments on their site. Comments can be disabled according to post type, on pages, attachments, etc.
This plugin works well if you want to disable comments on certain post types or on your entire site. However, if you plan to selectively disable comments on individual posts, then this function is better handled directly through WordPress.
- Disables Comments from any Page or Post or from entire website.
- All comment-related widgets are disabled (so your theme cannot use them).
- The Discussion settings page is hidden.
- Outgoing pingbacks are disabled.
Jetpack offers a suite of powerful features for your WordPress site. Enhanced security, improved site performance, some of the content tools and visitor engagement features are all part of this plugin.
Additional features include Social Sharing, spam-free Comments, Related Posts, Post by Email, and much more.
- Jetpack tells you how many visits your site gets and helps you get more traffic with tools like Related Posts, Publicize, Enhanced Distribution, and Sharing.
- It protects your site against brute force attacks and unauthorised logins
- Jetpack automatically optimizes and speeds up images using the global WordPress.com.
Page Builder by SiteOrigin is the most popular page creation plugin for WordPress. It makes it easy to create responsive column based content, using the widgets you know and love. Your content will accurately adapt to all mobile devices, ensuring your site is mobile-ready.
- Creates responsive columns , Any type you want.
- Simple Drag & Drop function.
- Works with any type of theme.
- You can add widgets in your Page through this Plugin.
All in One SEO Pack Optimizes your WordPress blog for SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
It will just help you to get the rank on the google and other sites.
- Built-in feature manager.
- Import and export settings functionality.
- Social meta data can be added.
- Add on-page meta data to your posts/pages.
- Advanced canonical URL support.
- Built-in XML sitemap generator.
- Choose how search engines index particular post types.
SumoMe is a suite of apps designed to help you get more traffic, and a bunch of them are awesome for list building.
SumoMe differs to most plugins in this list because it’s primarily a web based app, which means you can install it on every HTML website. But you do have the option to install it using their handy WordPress plugin.
- List Builder – Add lightbox pop-overs to your website.
- Smart Bar – Show your visitors a notification bar at the top or bottom of your website – use it to build your list or drive traffic to a page.
- Scroll Box – Display an opt-in form as visitors scroll down pages/posts on your website.
- Welcome Mat – This adds a full screen popover which has proven to convert well.
Akismet is very effective and most popular plugin.
It’s different to a lot of plugins because it’s actually a web-based service that checks comments against their own system and Blocks spam comments. this is one of the reasons it’s so effective.
You then get the option to review any of the comments that it suspects are spam.
- Standard support.
- Checks comments and removes those that appear to be spam.
- Hidden links are revealed to help spot spam.
- Access a monthly snapshot of statistics.
- Free version supports 50,000 comment checks each month.
- Ability to block the most obvious spam.
Lets see if You have encountered any missing Plugin , Let us know by commenting down below.
Likes and Comments are Appreciated. If you have any doubts or questions , Just comment down below and feel free to ask. Hope you found this Article helpful. If you really did , then Help us by sharing this post , and subscribe to our newsletter us for daily helpful articles like that. For more info you can Contact us personally.
Howdy , My name is Umair Idrees , I am a Tech Expert and also the Founder/Developer of TechRoute. I am here to help others to make their lives easy. Making daily articles and giving helpful tips.