How To: Merge Two Facebook Pages
Having more than one Facebook Fan Page for your business creates confusion for your online audience — so let’s clear the damn air by merging those Pages!
In this blog post I will go over the steps you need to take before, during and after you merge two Facebook Pages.
What is the Facebook Merge ?
There is an Merge option for the Pages in the Facebook , This option allows you to convert your Two Pages into One , Even the Likes will be merged into one page. The posts will also be Merged. That is very great option we get.
Requirements and Alerts:
- You Must Have the Same name on Both Facebook Pages.
- The Pages you merge must represent the same thing and have similar names.
- If you try to merge Pages that aren’t similar, the Pages may be permanently unpublished.
- Once you merge the Page , You will not be able to Separate them.
You will lose all content from that Page once you merge! (Download the data from Both Pages [Recommended] )
- You can only request a merge if you’re an admin for both Pages.
- The People already liked your Page , Will be informed from the Merge.
- This may take a few days to complete.
- Content from the merged Page, such as posts, photos and the username, will be deleted during the merge.
- Likes and check-ins from both Pages will be combined and shown on the remaining Page.
(Tip: Keep the profile pictures of the Pages slightly different! This process will be easier to keep them apart throughout the merging process. This comes from experience merging four Pages from one business into one!)
Merge Two Facebook Pages
This will be so easier for you to merge Two facebook pages , Just Follow the Steps Given Below.
1- Go to the Facebook.com/pages/merge
2- It will ask you to choose the Pages you want to Merge
Now choose the pages you want to merge:
3- Start the process of merge by Hitting “Continue” Button.
4- Now End Up with one Facebook Page.
What to do After Merging Two Facebook Pages?
1. Now Make the look of your new Page! Add a new exciting cover image, set a new profile picture, add as much information to your ‘about’ section as you can, using important keywords.
2. If you have many ‘place’ Pages created, make sure to set your Page to local as to allow check ins!
3. Verify your Facebook Page if at all possible. The two most important reasons to verify your Facebook Page are that Facebook will just bump your page up higher in search (yay!) and your (potential) customers know that your Page is the real deal.
Any Page issues , You have encountered Let us know by commenting down below.
Likes and Comments are Appreciated. If you have any doubts or questions , Just comment down below and feel free to ask. Hope you found this Article helpful. If you really did , then Help us by sharing this post , and subscribe to our newsletter us for daily helpful articles like that. For more info you can Contact us personally.
Howdy , My name is Umair Idrees , I am a Tech Expert and also the Founder/Developer of TechRoute. I am here to help others to make their lives easy. Making daily articles and giving helpful tips.